Exodus - God Calls a Leader - Sept 1
Exodus - God Calls a Leader
Group Discussion Guide
What was your high point from this past week? What was the hardest part of this past week for you?
Read Exodus 3:11-4:31.
• How did this sermon/text deepen your faith? How did it challenge you? Explain.
• What resonated with you the most from this sermon/text? Explain.
• Which day from the daily work resonated with you most? Why? Which day challenged you most? Why?
• Have you experienced God call you to do something you felt ill-equipped to accomplish? What was it like? How did you respond?
• Which of Moses’ hesitations (doubt, needing reassurance, outright fear, etc.) to heed God’s call on his life resonates with you most? Why?
• How does the nature and character of the One calling you change or eclipse your fear? In what ways does accepting God’s call require us to face our past? How have you seen this work itself out in your own life?
• In what ways does accepting God’s call require us to face our past? How have you seen this work itself out in your own life?
• What do you sense God doing in you that you need to respond to? What do you sense God doing around you that you think He is calling you into? What do you sense God doing through you that you need courage to do?
• How does this passage, sermon, or daily work challenge you to live differently? How can your life group help equip you to do what God has called you to do?
Accountability: At this time, the group may want to split into smaller, gendered groups.
· Who are you in God’s eyes? Who are you in the eyes of this group?
· What has your time in God’s Word and prayer been like this week?
· What have you learned from Jesus this week?
· Have you consistently reflected the love of Christ to those in your life this week?
· Where have you wrestled with temptation this week?
· What strongholds have you wrestled with this week?
· Have you been 100% honest?
Prayer: Spend time as a group in prayer for anything that may have surfaced from the discussion/accountability time that you personally feel like needs to be brought before the Lord.