The Creek cares in various ways for those who have suffered the loss of a loved one:
- We help with the funeral planning process including providing meals by our Funeral Meal Ministry. Please contact Penny Jones for help in planning a funeral or requesting a funeral meal at The Creek.
- We also provide a printer-friendly Funeral Booklet as a tool to help in planning a funeral, and we will post obituaries on The Creek obituary page as requested.
- Journeying Through Grief book series and letters are distributed throughout the year to grieving family member(s).
- A resource sheet is enclosed with the first letter including information on our Remembrance Breakfast, Surviving the Holidays Class, Care Appointments, Stephen Ministry and GriefShare.
- Our Card Ministry prays for and sends cards to grieving family members.
GriefShare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you after the loss of a loved one, so you don't have to go through such a difficult experience alone.
From May through July, we are gathering just to spend time together. There will be no curriculum or agenda. We would love for you to join us! No registration needed.
To register for upcoming 13-week sessions, please complete GriefShare Registration
Mondays 6:30p.m. - 8:30p.m.; August 6, 2018 - November 5, 2018; South Room 2
Fridays 10:00a.m. - 11:30a.m.; August 10, 2018 -November 9, 2018; South Room 3
Cost is $15 for materials. Scholarships are available.